Friday, August 21, 2026

Take my hand today, and I will take your foot tomorrow خُذْ بِيَدِي اليَوْمَ آخُذْ بِرِجْلِكَ غَداً.

خُذْ بِيَدِي اليَوْمَ آخُذْ بِرِجْلِكَ غَداً.
Take my hand today, and I will take your foot tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
«خُذْ بِيَدِي اليومَ آخذْ برِجْلِكَ غدًا» معناه: ساعدني اليوم، وسأردّ لك معروفك غدًا؛ أي الحث على تبادل المساعدة وردّ الجميل.
ومن أقرب المقابلات الإنجليزية: You scratch my back, and I’ll scratch yours.
= «أنت تساعدني وأنا أساعدك.» وهذا أقرب تعبير اصطلاحي للمثل.
One good turn deserves another.
= «المعروف يُجازى بمثله.» وهو أقرب إلى معنى ردّ الجميل.
I’ll help you if you help me.
= «أساعدك إذا ساعدتني.»
الأفضل
إذا أردت مقابلاً إنجليزيًا مثلّيًا وطبيعيًا:
One good turn deserves another.
أما إذا كان المقصود التأكيد على المساعدة المتبادلة تحديدًا:
You scratch my back, and I’ll scratch yours.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Take my hand today, and I’ll take your foot tomorrow” means: Help me today, and I will return the favor tomorrow; it encourages reciprocal assistance and returning a favor.
A similar English equivalent is:
“You scratch my back, and I’ll scratch yours.”
This is the closest idiomatic expression to the proverb.
“One good turn deserves another.”
This is closer to the meaning of returning a favor.
“I’ll help you if you help me.”
The best:
If you want a more literal and natural English equivalent:
“One good turn deserves another.”
However, if the intention is specifically to emphasize mutual assistance:
“You scratch my back, and I’ll scratch yours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

مميزة

Take him by death until he is satisfied with fever. خُذْهُ بالمَوْتِ حَتَّى يَرْضَى بالحُمَّى.

خُذْهُ بالمَوْتِ حَتَّى يَرْضَى بالحُمَّى. Take him by death until he is satisfied with fever. ---------------------------------------------...